Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Got Braces But They Where Put On Carelessly?

396545381 Hi
I got My braces done two months ago. Unfortunately we moved since then so there 2 days ago i went to a different orthodontist to get them tightened since where I had got them done was too far away.Anyway I went for my appointment and they kept calling in different dentists to look at my teeth so i knew something was wrong.
After waiting to hear the news they took some x-rays and told me I wouldn't be getting my braces tighten today . and that when the other orthodontist put on the brace they should of been correcting your bite and moving your jaw..So now he tells me that for him to correct my jaw/bite that the braces have to be taken off!!!!!
Like am going to have to pay to get the braces done again and for him to correct my bite..!
Am so angry about this other orthodontist in My Old town and was wondering is there anything I could do ?? It was clearly a lazy act from the other orthodontist to not correct my bite!
Any advice ?

thanks

4 comments:

  1. Rose - Sue.
    You shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will - yeah that sucks.
    unfortunately a lot of complex dental treatment is open to opinion and each dentist has his own way of doing things. whats even worse is that each different option can be the best, for that given situation, done by each dentist. your previous ortho guy might have given you the correct braces, just failed to explain his plan properly to you and to anyone else, so no one has a clue what hes done.

    i suggest to call him and ask him about it. then sue him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dumdedum - Before you let a different surgery remove the braces you have to return to the original surgery and open a discussion with them. They should be given the opportunity to defend and adjust in the first instance, and it also will give you a better idea. Do not take at face value all you have been told by the new surgery until you have spoken to them and even got a third opinion.

    I am surprised that any surgery would have even put them on for you if they knew you were moving within two months and not going to continue the course of treatment to the end.

    The reason the new surgery is being over cautious is for reasons of liability if they continue another dentists treatment plan that they have any doubts about. Normally it is very hard to get another orthodontist to continue another dentists treatment plan as well.

    ReplyDelete