Monday, October 17, 2011

How To Treat A Minor Burn Mark?

396545389 Yesterday I was curling my hair and the curling iron accidentally touched the side of my face. It did hurt at the time, but I'm fine now.
It's only first degree, but left a nasty mark. There is a good two inch long red mark under my jaw line. It has not blistered, it is just a solid red mark.

What should I put on it in order to...
1. Heal it as fast as possible
2. Insure that it does not leave a scar

I have Neosporin and Medurma on hand, but not sure if any of those two are needed. Help is very appreciated!

Thanks.
Thanks for the quick answers. I've put some Neosporin on it for the night.
I guess I'll have to learn to be more careful with my curling iron... so far I've had two burns on my hand, two burns on my arm, and one on my neck. However, all were minor and healed up easily.

This one on my jaw is pretty big and hefty looking. I really hope it starts to clear up. :(

3 comments:

  1. shaemonique2003 - cold water and neoporin does wonders and when it heals completely put some fade cream on it if there is discoloration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank Girl - Personally I'd just put Neosporin on it and leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audi Guy - Assuming a very brief contact with the iron, I would expect (at worst) a mild second degree burn. This should leave no scar but after initial healing will leave a red mark for a month or so that will gradually fade away. If it does not blister, it will heal even faster. figure a week of so and it will be pretty much a memory. If a small blister forms coat it with neosporin and some gauze until the blister breaks. Then remove any blister skin that is loose and continue the neosporin until the burn stops weeping fluid and is covered with new thin skin. Use a Sunblock during the day and a good moisturizer like Mederma at night.

    ReplyDelete