Sunday, October 2, 2011

How To Treat And Identify A Degree Of A Burn?

396545389 I am a self mutilator, i usually cut but i burned my skin one day because it caused more pain which is the same as more relief for me (mentally ill person). I took a knife and held it under a lighter for about 10-20 seconds and held it against my skin until it was cool. It is now white and has been for about 4 days now and doesn't seem to be healing but it also doesn't really hurt but does itch a bit. I see my new doctor in a bout 7 days. It's white and sort of pink inside, i was wondering what degree burn it is. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Right now I'm putting on antibiotic cream with a bandage over it.

2 comments:

  1. Sam - 1st- Usually red and raw on the burn. Usually heals within 1 or 2 day (Sunburn) Treatment: moisturizing lotion/shaded area

    2nd- BLISTERS. That is the main thing you will find on a 2nd degree Treatment: Same as 1st plus Band aids for blisters

    3rd- Black/Charred skin. May not feel pain because of nerve damage. Skin may be attached to clothing. Treatment: Hospital (Your skin may be permanently damaged)

    Honestly I think you have a third degree if you can't feel pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. April - it sounds like u have a 1St degree burn antiebiotices r good for it and helps keep any risk of infections away keep applying it and c what ur doctor says

    ReplyDelete