Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Exercise/40 Hour Week/3 Hour Daily Commute/working Mom Question?

396545382 I'm a 32 year old working mom with two kids in school, a full-time job and a 3 hour long commute. I don't exercise because, frankly, I just don't have the time to go through all the steps needed to get ready to exercise. I get up at 5:30 in the morning, get ready, leave for work at 6:30 a.m. then I'm at work until 5. Often I hit traffic on the way home so I may not get home until 7 p.m. I make dinner (not frozen meals - I do actually cook!), eat with my kids, get them to bed, get their lunches ready for the next day, clean the kitchen, and off to bed I go! I could easily squeeze in a few minutes here and there to exercise but NOT if it's something that requires changing, going to a gym, or all the other steps which add to more time than I have. I'm 250 pounds and I have a desk job. Changing jobs to some place closer to free up time is not an option (I've considered ALL the possibilities and it's just not financially feasible at this time), neither is moving since I moved out of the area I work in to get my kids to a safe neighborhood in the first place.

Are there any intensive exercises I can do to get myself in shape? Quick, concentrated moves I can sneak in throughout the day? I am very willing to hear any suggestions!

5 comments:

  1. Herfnerd - You get a lunch hour, right? Perfect time to walk or jog or wog........

    ReplyDelete
  2. LD - As a personal trainer that specializes in weight loss for women, my best advice would be to concentrate on full body movements that involve all of your large muscles groups at once. They're difficult but offer the best bang for your buck. My favourites are Burpees, Pull-ups, Push-ups, Jumping Squats, and Bicycles for abs. If you can get through 3 sets of about 10-15 reps each 3X a week you'll be well on your way to healthy weight loss.
    *please be sure to get physical clearance from your doctor before attempting any of the above mentioned exercises as they are difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rishi - Try yoga for your holistic well being, it will not only bring your body in a great shape but will shower you with lots of other health benefits too like quick body relaxation, stress free mind and mental peace.



    Rishi
    Yoga Teacher
    Divine Wellness
    Delivering yoga at your home

    ReplyDelete
  4. joe714 - 250lbs means you need a dietary change more than exercise.
    i've exercised at home for the last 7yrs because my workouts are shorter than what it would take to drive to a gym.
    i frequently exercise for 5 to 10mins at a time and rarely ever exercise for over 30mins in a day. i do some exercise for my upper body one day and lower body the next. i have dumbbells and resistance bands with a door attachment. it absolutely takes little exercise to stay in shape. so a little exercise and a good diet plan are all you really need.
    took me 5 months to lose 33lbs. if i had it to do over again i would just reduce my starchy food intake and i think i would have lost weight much faster.On the Hulu website i watched a guy lose weight easily in a movie called Fathead. so now i understand how easy it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evan - If you feel that your body weight is high than it really you need to reduce it.But before taking any action you need to go a doctor and take high advice.
    Every moment try to avoid carbohydrate .it may be help you to reduce your body weight.
    Everyone is know that for keeping sound body every one needs to take few exercise.but you mention that you are so busy. But you have not mention that how far your office and home.If it is near to your home than you can try to walk for going your office.Because you know ,walking is one of the part of exercise.

    ReplyDelete