Friday, October 28, 2011

Do I Need To Go To The Er For The 5th Time This Month Because Of Chest Pains?

396545385 I'm 20 years old with a heart murmur. When I was younger the heart murmur was said to be benign.
I went to the er a month ago because of chest pains and palpitations. I've been feeling this for the past month now. The palpitations went away, but i feel a weird chest pain like something is moving around inside. I have gas, but i don't know if its from anxiety. I burp a lot. However, the chest pain is causing me to feel numb and my left arm feels weird. I had 2 ekgs earlier this month and 1 more like 2 days ago, and blood tests in the beginning of the month all normal. Could my blood have changed in a month. Is this an emergency? I also had a chest xray earlier this month and its normal. I can't sleep right now I keep waking up from the weird sensations and anxiety.
Will i be okay for now or is this an emergency??

2 comments:

  1. geminish03 - you are worrying a lot.. maybe its time for you to relax cause it might be the cause of your palpitations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. RNAdvisor - Hi Xavier,

    Since you're doctor has cleared you of any major heart problems, your symptoms could be related to other medical conditions.

    Most 20 year olds do not have heart attacks. It can happen, but that outcome is really rare. You've already had a muliple ekgs and blood tests. So, you can rule out heart problems.

    Have you considered the possibility of panic attacks. They can also feel like heart attacks with chest pains, racing heart beats, and tingling sensations. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist to see if your issues are psychiatric.

    You also said that you have gas and excessive burping. It could be GERD or acid reflux. GERD can also mimic a heart attack. There is some evidence that GERD and panic/anxiety attacks are associated with one another.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete